2018 Make Nine

Sewing Plans: 2018 Make Nine Challenge

I came across the #2018MakeNine challenge and decided that it would be a great way to plan my 2018 sewing. I mulled over the 9 questions and came up with this list! The best thing is that 8 of the patterns are already in my stash!


Simplicity 8216: This is to fit my sewing gap of smart tops to wear out with jeans. This top is very similar to a RTW top that I wear all the time. The dress version is really cute too and would be a great addition to the work wardrobe. 


New Look 6301: I know that you have you seen this dress 500 times already, but it has turned into my work uniform. I already have some fabric in my stash for another wrap dress!

Vogue 9251: Yep, that's right folks. Another wrap dress but this time in a woven! I got this dress pattern for christmas and am planning on making a sleeveless version (of course)  in time for my holiday in May. I have the fabric earmarked too :-) 
Butterick 6292: For the last 2 years a coat has been on my to do list. View A is the version that caught my eye. I have muslined this, but I just need to set aside the time to make this. Hopefully I will get round to it towards the end of the summer. Again I already have the stash fabric earmarked for this. 


Butterick 5744: I have made this dress twice here and here. My spotty version I wear all the time so I am keen to make another one in a woven. I have some patterned chiffon that is just dying to be used. If I come across a comfy knit fabric I may throw that into the running too.


Papercut Coppelia: This is the only pattern for this challenge that I don't yet own. 99% of the time I wear my dresses and skirts with a cardigan. Other than this Prima Magazine Cover Up I haven't made any cardigans. I love how this pattern comes with a jumper and wrap cardigan option. 


McCalls 7084: This is another item that has been on my list for a few years. The reason I have never gotten round to making this was during ensuring I have enough fabric, buttons etc. I recently bought some floral linen that would suit view A. For march on my To Do List is to make sure I buy some buttons and lining so I can make this dress in time for spring/summer. 


New Look 6346: I absolutely adore this version that I made previously. I would love to make another version in a fabric that would look good in the winter with tights and boots and in summer shoes. The length would also make it work appropriate. 


Simplicity 1370: I have added this to the list as I have a couple of remnants that I know would work well in a simple mini. Putting this on the 2018 Make Nine list gives me an incentive to make up at least one of them! :-)

There isn't anything hugely groundbreaking in this list. When I assessed my wardrobe for 2017 I realised that I was lacking in some more pieces to add to the wardrobe rotation. As I wear so many dresses I don't think about having a capsule wardrobe as such. I would like some more TNT top patterns to be in this list, but I am super fussy about what I like so I am not holding my breath. 

Anyone else taking part in the #2018MakeNine challenge? Or re-assessing their wardrobe needs?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LGBT+ Pride Cross Stitch

Update and New Patterns

Floral Tank Top