Goodbye Summer!

Pattern Review: Vogue 8870

Summer is now well long gone here in London. However, I am sure that you are relieved as this year I have made so many summer versions of Vogue 8870. Here is the final one and I promise I will keep this review short and sweet!


This iteration was a wearable muslin to see if I could get away with drafting it as sway dress with no waist definition. I have tried sway dresses countless times and yet I never learn my lesson. With my shape a loose dress looked terrible so I hacked it in two and popped in some waist elastic like the original version suggested.


You can still see the slight pooling from my swayback, but because of of the blouson style it isn't too noticeable. The fabric is some poly viscose that I purchased from Dalston Market. It was ridiculously cheap which is why I picked it for a wearable muslin. 


I don't have too much else to cover in this review that I haven't covered in these reviews here. It has ended up being a really easy to wear summer dress! Easy to throw on and super comfortable. 

You can see my Pattern Review here

I have a bit of a backlog of sewing blogs, so watch this space!  
What is everyone planning for Autumn Sewing? 

Comments

  1. It looks nice! I look forward to what you see for fall. I am working on the Kelly Anorak for now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LGBT+ Pride Cross Stitch

Update and New Patterns

February Garment of the Month